The highlight of the week was updating metro theme to be compatible with upcoming phpMyAdmin version 4.4. The decision to have an alternative theme was made at this months online team meeting and metro theme was selected for this upgrade since most people preferred it and it happened to be color blind friendly.
My approach to update the theme was to basically go through all the commits related to styling changes since 2013 (when metro theme was up to date). This was to make sure that no layout styling goes unnoticed. However, this was quite time consuming. I also went on to style some of the jQuery dialogs, so they are in harmony with the rest of the application. All the commits related to the theme upgrade can be found at https://github.com/madhuracj/metro
Even though metro theme had its sprite generated most of its original icons were missing. So I decomposed the sprite image to get the individual icons. However, when regenerating sprites with all the images a part of sprites looked washed out. I am attending to this issue right now.
During the latter part of the week I also attended to some bugs. Here are the bugs that were fixed.
#4802 Changelog page is not working
#4804 Undefined Index after export schema
#4806 Unable to work with two different databases in two tabs
#4810 Broken find and replace
#4812 Issues with index dialog while creating a table
Fix missing title for MySQL documentation
Moreover, following feature request related to specifying indexes while creating table was implemented. Meantime I went on to clean up the code related to this feature.
Feature requests implemented
#1626 Display/edit index name