I was on leave on the first three days of the twenty second week. So here I am combining the work done on the rest of the twenty second week and twenty third week into a single blog post.
During the two week I attended to bugs, new features, unit testing as well as to general coding improvements. Following are the bugs fixed during the period.
#4758 Firefox with auth_type to http with multiple server doesn't work anymore
#4779 PMA_Util::parseEnumSetValues fails on enums with UTF-8 values
#4789 Views aren't dropped when copying a database
#4790 DROP TABLE/VIEW IF EXISTS are not tracked
#4791 Zoom search: js error
Compatibility with central columns of version 4.4
Bug #4789 was figured out while attending to a feature request related to tracking and bug #4758 arose from another fix from infamous 'Token mismatch' problem.
Following are the feature requests I worked on during the period. Pagination for GIS visualization was necessary as visualizing all the data from the table made the browser unresponsive when there were lot of data.
Feature requests investigated
#900 Add one option to disable SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
#1300 tracking changes of store proc, triggers, events
Feature requests implemented
#1306 add lock tables, disable keys options
Pagination for GIS visualization
During the period I attended to a number of improvements in the central columns page. I changed how the 'extra' column is handled and now it stores value as a comma separated value which is readily compatible with data from older version. I also rewrote most of the unit test related to central columns and attended to fix UI inconsistencies I detected on the page.
Rewrite unit tests related to central columns
Improve `extra` value handling in central columns
UI improvements to central columns page
Being able to use multiple servers at the same time when using cookie auth
Metro theme upgrade to be compatible with 4.4
While looking into a feature request regarding the ability to use multiple servers simultaneously I figure out we need to have initialization vectors per server and added it. This was later ported to QA_4_4 branch. At the online team meeting it was decided to update metro theme to be compatible with the upcoming version 4.4 and I started working on that. I am continuing this work to the next week.