The highlight of this week was the coding style improvements I undertook. During the last upgrade to the CheckStyle rules, there were couple of new rules added and these had increased the number of style violations. Moreover, day to day coding had introduced new violations and the violation count was 800+. I spent pretty much two days fixing these issue and the following graph shows the improvements to the code.
#4878 Column list of central columns is not cleared
#4879 Exit full screen in Designer does not change the button text
#4880 Designer icons missing when using original theme
#4881 jQuery dialogs in Designer are not displayed in full screen
#4883 Search function breaks when searching for certain combinations of backslashes and slashes
Fix resize icon in Designer
Fix inconsistent icons
#4872 Drop table doesn't remove the table name from navigation bar
#4874 Username like john_smith is split to two names in dropdown list
I also worked on a couple of feature requests during the week. One of them was on supporting MariaDB virtual columns. However this was postponed as our current parser was unable to recognize virtual column syntax and this was vital for extracting column details. This will hopefully be implemented during the summer when one of the GSoC students attend to the parser. See https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1657.
With the implementation of feature request #1380, the SQL editor support parametrized queries. Now you can simply copy paste queries from your code and bind parameters before query execution. Additionally, towards the end of the week I went on to improve the original theme. The jQuery dialogs in original theme always looked alien to me and with the latest style changes they are in better harmony.
Feature requests implemented
#1380 Support for Parameters with raw SQL
Improve table maintenance page
jQuery-ui style updates for original theme
Feature requests investigated
#1517 Support for virtual/persistent columns
#1628 need "display binary as hex/string" option in Settings UI
#1633 User Preferences reset should clear the value in pma__userconfig