Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Working for phpMyAdmin and my work during the first week

I started working for phpMyAdmin on 1st October after my work proposal got selected for the phpMyAdmin Developer Position (one year contract). Here I am blogging about what I did during the first week. However, going forward I will probably write my blog posts during weekends rather than mid week.

Anyways, here is what I did during the last week.

Bug fixes
#4259 reCaptcha sound session expired problem
#4547 Micro history does not work in Users page
#4548 Inline editing a field converts tab to spaces
#4551 Wrong test in source code
#4552 Incorrect routines display for database due to case insensitive checks
#4553 Add index dialog does not open on choosing index from create table
#4537 BLOB inline-view JPG column transformation does not work for anything except simple queries
#4252 Database-level permission bug for db names containing underscores
#3120 events are not exported when using xml

Bug investigations
#4303 "New" link in navi panel is shown even if no privileges (out of date)
#4309 Cannot create/edit events and procedures (out of date)
#4495 Comment lines in multiquery
#4255 Can't enter when session die
#3154 No db table entry for users with table_priv only and no host

Feature requests
#1542 Better error reporting in Designer; can get stuck Processing

Security issues
#4544 XSS vulnerabilities in table search and table structure pages

Users page refactoring

Proper privilege checks in procudures, events and triggers to enable editing, adding new ones
Various coding style and doc improvements

1 comment:

  1. It's quite exciting to see so many old bugs and other tracker items getting some much-needed attention!